a weekend away
I just spent the weekend at a Young Life leaders' retreat. I'm not a young life leader. I was afraid this would be strange...and at times it was, but thankfully my friends were more than welcoming, and made sure I wasn't abandoned into the masses of Young Life culture. Notice I mentioned my "friends." I am truly blessed God, because that's what they are...friends! I feel very comfortable around these people, and find myself laughing, crying, growing, praying, and listening an extrordinary amount for such a short friendship. The weird thing is-I don't think God wants me to be a young life leader...but yet, everyone that I know in cincy so far is...so I'm not sure where I fit into that yet.
We watched this video of Mother Theresa last night, and it moved me to tears. I realized that I do not currently have a mission, or a place that I am serving. I do not have the gift of compassion like I want to, and I don't even serve the people that I love with a joyful heart. God, please help me to jump to my feet, even when I don't want to. I'm not good at seeing what needs may need to be met, if I'm not directly told. I need help in this!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home