weekend.
I had a really good weekend. Thanks friends :)
I got to go to a new coffee shop with Liz, and feel like myself :) I love talking to her. She understands the "how" of my thinking process, even if we don't come to the same conclusions. She can still understand how I got to them, and doesn't think I'm a nut-case...at least she hasn't told me if she does ;) I feel like this is incredibly rare. Normally I just have to explain things to my friends, and that's fine...but it's nice every once in a while to have someone understand the idea of being led by my brain, and not by my heart. My heart comes along only after my brain has everything in order. That doesn't make me cold hearted.
Then I got to frame some of my artwork, which totally makes me feel like a "real" artist when you see it hanging on a wall, and I'm getting really excited/nervous about the art show opening that I am planning! And, I got to go fly a kite with Dave, and absorb some sunlight, and throw a frisbee, and run around, and laugh :) hooray! Then we ate dinner and I saw my old english teacher (mostly because I was sweaty and said..."I hope I don't see anyone I know") and I fixed my chin up bar and my breaking wall. And, I worked a LOT on my artexchange piece. It's crazy complicated, but I think it's fun :)
Church today was really encouraging, as we ended the launching week of our prayer room. I'm in charge of keeping art supplies stocked in it, and I'm VERY excited to say that we have tons of people making art in there, and I get to go in and hang up the awesome stuff each week, and just enjoy people stretching themselves to draw and paint, even when they aren't artists. Praise God for a community that values the arts!
In other news, I ws thinking last night about my relationships of spiritual significance. I feel like I have friends from college who challenge me (although it's hard when they are so far away) and that's good...but in general, I feel like I bring up a lot of the questions and challenges in my friendships. That's great and all, but my friend asked me "Who impacts you?" He said he knows that I impact him all the time, but he knew that it wasn't reciprocal. I sort of just sat there..I mean you don't want to tell people something like that, it makes me sound like I think I'm high and mighty. This is why I know that I need some sort of mentor/accountibility partner. I always know this fact, but it never happens. I don't even know any women who I identify with that would be a good match for me. God, please bring that person into my life!
And now I am done with my stream of consciousness writings!

1 Comments:
I DO think you're kind of insane. But... it's the kind of insane that changes the world. Have no fear. Be a person of action. Let's create the new revolution... uh huh.
Post a Comment
<< Home