Saturday, February 25, 2006

too much to say

Sometimes life happens very rapidly. Not necessarily the things that you were hoping to happen rapidly...like finding the job of your dreams, or a way to live for much more cheaply, or a check in the mail to pay off your school debts...or a surpise visit from your best friend, but rapidly none the less.

He is a ghost in my memory. An arsonist in my house of paper cards. I shut him and all of his memories out very tightly. I decided long ago that I would not miss him or his incredible irresponsibility with my heart. Why should I believe him? He has a long history, starting with me of destroying people's hearts. I have only given my faults out once...opened them up to one person, and he left. Perhaps I should say "i forgive you. have a nice life." I am too vunerable to him to try again at friendship. I would not be able to be so resiliant a second time.

To quote Sleeping at Last. " We just need some sleep.
We just need some time (to catch our breath)

The fears that we feel in our troubled hearts...
Is told to be what will make us last.

We'll prove that we are strong,
Though our lines are bleeding through.
We are becoming whole, slowly now.

We just need some sleep
To dream away these fears.
We just need some time
To clear our crowded minds."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home