yuck
So, I just had some sort of horrifying argument with my dad for the first time in a really long time. I avoid them at all costs, and that usually means I just walk away when I'm mad, and stew in my room until he goes to work the next day, and then I can cool off. But, this time, I simply couldn't do it. I just can't deny the feeling that him watching television is continuously more important than respecting me as an adult. You don't know how many times he has asked my mom and I to stop talking so he can hear the tv. In my mind-the moment a talking box becomes more important than being involved or respecting your family-you should throw it out in the snow. I realize he's trying to relax, but acting childish, grabbing the remote out of my hands, or watching stupid, and disgusting crime shows and claiming that they are "scientifically based" is like the dumbest thing I can think of. When I finally confronted him on it, he somehow tried to make the issue about me not inviting him places....WHAT???
Anyways-I feel muddled. Wading through muggy, heavy, thick, confusing decisions, friendships, jobs, interviews, futures, pasts, presents, and what ifs. God-I need clarity!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home