Pulchina
When I was in Italy I loved the word "pulchina"...I thought it was hilarious...and it means something like "little chicken" or something...but when I think about it...
You see...it all started when I pretended I spoke Italian, and started making up words...and that was one of them, and then I found out it really meant something...Italian sounds were so predictable, that I had done a fake impression, and really said something. :) So, we started calling each other that. That's a fun memory of the girls that I learned how to love in Italy. Girls so very different from myself that God bonded me to.
I had a very pleasant experience at Border's this evening. I found out I had 30 bucks on a gift card...not only 10. And, I bought two amazing books that I never would have otherwise been able to afford. And, the guy gave me 25% just because I mentioned that I thought it was sort of overpriced. Awesome:) I am half way through the first one, and I already am pumped up to talk to someone about it. I feel like God is expanding my mind about Christianity on a daily basis. The difference between the gospel of the church, and the gospel of Christ. It's sad that they are so different.
I'm not sure what I've been feeling lately...but it's a feeling of a lack of interest in pursuing things that don't matter to me...but other people think that they should. My mom asked me if I was mad at the people at my church. Nope, not a bit, I'm just not interested in attempting to force relationships with people when it's just not working...I'm so excited to use my time to be creative, and to read, and to spend time with God. Why would I try to force lunch dates with people I can't think of things to talk about with?
I spent time on a tour bus of a really icky band called Superchic[k] last night. It's a funny story really...you should ask me about about it sometime.
Here's my thought that I will leave you with. You do not spend time debating or convincing people of the things that you love. You simply show them, and then invite them to join you in enjoying those things. Do the same with Jesus.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home