Christmas stuff
So, Christmas Eve turned out ok, because I got to help put on a service that evening, and it helped me to think about Christ, and smooth out the mood and focus of everyone in my house. The next morning we had our traditional Christmas with the opening of stockings, coffee cake, and opening presents after reading the Christmas story. Then, I did something I've never done. I didn't change out of my pajamas for like 48 hours ;) ha. We even had a guest over for breakfast, and I just said...nope, I'm not changing. We laid around and did nothing for an entire day. I watched like 3 movies in one day...something I've never done, and never have a desire to do again, but it was fun to be lazy with my family. I worked on a puzzle, and put together my screen printing kit, as well as watched the really boring instructional video that goes with it. It was all pretty low key...the normal calls to relatives, and no answers from the fueding members.
Then, today I got to spend time with an old friend. It's interesting...I have several people in my life that know me pretty well, but there is little or no record of them in blogs or scrapbooks. Those things tend to chronicle events, things that people take pictures of...not like...really nice conversations. Anyways...it was cool to catch up with him, and to see the Lord working in his life. God has been blessing me so immensely with opportunities to hang with friends this break!! AND I got the Eisley cd today which is super good. Lots of new good cds for my long car ride on Thursday. What day is today anyways?
I got a lot of good books, and some cash, and gift certificates, and speakers for my ipod, and generally got spoiled...aahhh... I'm so sucked in by consumerism...I try to avoid it...but winter always gets the best of me, what with Christmas and my birthday...then I can go long seasons without shopping...but these two months always make me spend too much money, and I always buy billions of new cds and art supplies. As if I need anymore of those things :)
Tomorrow I'm getting a haircut...I always swear I'll do something short...but then I never do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home