Sunday, November 27, 2005

high school

Well, I survived and perhaps even thrived at my high school reunion. I was feeling like a deer in the headlights upon arrival, as someone of whom I could not remember his name cornered me as soon as I arrived. But, as the evening wore on, I began to relax, and realized that God has done amazing things in my life. Following God allows you so many adventures that just living and drinking beer do not. So, I was looking pretty good at this drinking bash. It was encouraging and kind of depressing all at the same time. I HAD to laugh though, as several popular guys in high school came up to me and told me how nice I was or how good it was to see me and all I could think was..."are you kidding me? You must be really drunk. there is no way you care about seeing me." But, apparently, my nerdy friends and I got cute while we were gone, and they stood up and took notice. Ha, sweet revenge...haha. We'll see what happens next, as I exchanged numbers with a few people. I really hope to get together with some of them, as it was so apparent that they are seeking something real. And, even if they were drunk...it was entertaining to talk to people and see what they had been up to. The most depressing thing though, was to see how their entire intent was to get wasted. Getting dragged downstairs for too much booze at 9:30 at your reunion is not particularly what I want to be remembered for.

Thank you God for blessing me with so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home