the weekend
So, Friday night I went to this awesome Christmas thing...Derek Webb, Sandra McCracken, Jill Phillips, the lead singer from the Normals, and Andrew Peterson, with like 5 other people had written songs that chronicled the Bible from Moses until Jesus' birth. I brought my friend who is really searching to figure out who God is, and I'm so glad that I did! We ended up talking about Christianity for a really long time, and she is SO close to accepting Jesus. God...give me patience and the words to share with her!
Yesterday I ran errands all day...don't EVER run errands on the Saturday before Christmas. I saw a three car-accident, sat gridlocked in traffic, and almost got hit in the parking lot.
Then, I went to a wedding last night. There were about 500 people there! It was huge, and almost all young people, which was super fun :) We danced the night away, and taught the old people dances, and had some wine, and it was great. The boys said I looked fantastic, and I must admit...I felt pretty. But, strangely enough, feeling pretty makes me totally and completely nervous. Isn't that stupid?? I think I'd feel more confident walking through a room in a pair of jeans than a beautiful dress. Anyways-there were a couple of slow dances, which were painful for those of us who weren't in the "younglife" crowd at the wedding. I ended up asking a guy to dance everytime, rather than sit at a table and feel completely lame.
Weddings always make people contemplative. Partly because you start to think what you'd want in your own wedding, or about how many weddings you will be attending in the near future, and for me....how much I dread certain aspects of weddings.
Here's something I was thinking about last night: I am aware of some faulty thought processes in my own life. I know that they need to be changed to a Godly way of thinking. Or, I know that they are bizarre quirky ways to think. Either way-there will be some large discussions about these topics with whoever I end up getting engaged to, and to be honest with you...I dread those conversations. I don't know how to change the way I think. Anyways...
I found out a good friend/roommate/neighbor from college is getting married next summer, and it looks like I"ll be in Bosnia for the wedding. I hate that. It's not that I hate to miss the actual wedding...they'll get married whether I'm there or not. I just hate missing the opportunity to see all of my friends in one place again! AAH.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home