Wednesday, February 08, 2006

a memory

Today I had a memory hit me so strong I could remember every detail. It was so out of nowhere.
I was taking a shower, and suddenly I remembered what it was like to be a kid, and to sit in the bath water until it was so cold. And then I thought of my mom drying me off, and me shivering and chattering my teeth. She would help me put on my jammies-the kind with the feet on the bottom of them. But, those never go on very easily when you are still slightly damp. So, I would struggle, and shiver, and shove my feet down in there, and sometimes accidentally zip up my skin in those full-length zippers. My hair would be wet for hours, and climbing into my huge bed to get warm was awesome. I'd leave a big wet mark on my pillow, or the couch, or anything else I touched for the next hour. I would always turn on this red lamp that is in our bathroom that emits heat. It made the lighting really strange, but it kept the bathroom much warmer. I guess I've always hated being cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home