Sunday, January 30, 2005

swirling thoughts

Today was like thought overload day. I think I was presented with about 15 deep things or concepts to grapple with, and very little emotional energy to do so. I went to visit a church plant thing today, and I truly enjoyed it. A lot of things about living in community started to make sense, and were very encouraging. However...I could use a big lightening bolt about the next direction my life is supposed to take.
Then we watched Garden State...and there was a scene in there that made me realize that there is such an underlying desire in my life to find people that are 100% safe to be around. Never judging or stifling me, always encouraging. I need to cling to God for that safety, or I will find myself constantly disappointed and dissastified. It's a hard lesson to remember to love people, and to trust them...but not to depend on them. People are just like me. Flawed, and unpredictable at best.
But, it was also a day filled with my new friends-something that brings a bittersweet feeling. A happiness that I truly do have some friends here, but a longing for something more than I yet have known with them. Be patient Emily! It will come in the right timing. Blessed are those who trust in the Lord.

Here's my memory verse for last week:
"He give strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak. Even youths will grow tired, and young men will stumble and fall, but those who put their hope in the Lord will be renewed. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not fall, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40 29-31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home