who are you?
How do you deal with people that are very different than you? Do you make them feel strange, or allow them to be themselves?
And, how do you know when something about yourself needs to change? What is Biblical, and what is just a human idea? It's sometimes so inmeshed into culture that it's hard to discern the difference. I went on a retreat this weekend hoping that it would pleasantly surprise me. Outside of a few redeeming hours of laughter and one episode of a large group mooning of someone from the hottub, it was pretty much emotionally draining. I don't feel like you should return from a retreat feeling like you need a retreat. Is that my fault? Do I have faulty expectations or thought processes? Or, was it indeed just not for me? Do the other people that went on it feel rejuvinated?
At least I got to play my guitar, after months of not touching it, I suddenly found myself helping to lead worship. My fingers hated me for not having any calluses (sp?) on them anymore.
I'm not normally one to miss people deeply.
I miss you friends.

2 Comments:
I'm looking forward to Saturday. I want my socks knocked off (figuratively, of course)! I'm counting on you, friend.
only 2 more weeks...! :)
can you send me your flight info so i can work on how to get you to olympia from the airport??
love ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home