seriously.
I mean really. How much damage could one day do? Apparently a lot. This was the most incredibly mixed up, good/bad, horribly great day I've ever had all rolled up into one.
Let's see here..oh yes, I woke up to discover that four Taylor students and one faculty member were killed by being hit by a semi truck last night. There is no explanation for why that would happen, or for the grief that the campus and families must be experiencing. I started my day with tears, prayer, and journal writing. This was followed up by a really long shower, sitting in the sun thinking, walking the dogs, a really fun encouraging phone conversation, and feeling a lot better then. Then I went and ordered my plane ticket, dropped a whole load of money, and felt blessed by the Lord's provision so clearly evident in my life! I then came home, got nothing done, and had to go set up the art show. I did that with little problem, and then came home, my brother bothered me a lot, my throat is doing something weird, I've had a headache for four days, and I tried to work on the computer. Couldn't focus. Went to this incredibly awesome dance and world percussion show at my old high school, got on stage and danced, talked to old teachers, and then found out a co-worker of mine died today of heart failure. We had a moment of silence for him. I saw another TU grad, and we were sad together about the earlier mentioned accident. So, let's see....that makes 6 people in one day. A personal record. Then I saw the little girl that was the result of a date that I set up...a one night stand that turned into a lifetime single mother situation. I ended up meeting the grandparents, and they didn't even pretend like they wanted to meet me, because I had set them up on the fateful date. Awesome. How many awkward people can we get to all stand around at once? Then I came home and grouched at my mom. She went to bed. I am done.
spent.
I can't believe I have to teach tomorrow AND go to that dumb art show. I think I may be like an hour "fashionably" late.
I need a big milkshake, a massage, and a bed time story.
And grace. God, I especially need grace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home