Friday, April 07, 2006

dancing!!

There are a lot of things that I have always wished were a part of my life that have not been. One of those is dancing. I'm so glad it's a part now :)
Last night 4 other girls and myself went downtown Covington, KY to take a swing dancing lesson and then dance for an hour or two. It was GREAT!! Sure, I had to dance with some clammy handed old guys occasionally, but in general everyone was very kind, lacking in creepiness, and happy to help me learn new moves. There were a LOT of people there-maybe 50-75 and predominately they were younger than 30, so that was a pleasant surprise! Some of the other girls weren't so thrilled at dancing with guys they don't know, and usually I'm that way too, but last night I was in rare form. I had a new shirt and a sweet jacket I landed for a dollar at a yard sale, and I was feeling peppy. Two funny things:
1. this guy was super shy, and he was dancing like a fish out of water, and after the dance I thanked him and shook his hand, and he stumbled through something like this...thanks...uh...for dancing...uh...you are very uh...happy....and uh...it's nice...
I laughed and was like...um...thanks!
2. We had to rotate partners at the beginning during the lesson, and this one guy was looking especially uncomfortable, so I tried to talk to him to make him feel less awkward. I said "do you come here often?" and he gives me the weirdest look, thinks for a long time, and then says "um...yeah?" and I told him it was my first time. Then he says suddenly "OH! I thought you said do you cry a lot?" Haha. I was like...so your answer to that is "yes???" and he said "yeah, sure, I'm a sensitive guy." I almost lost it in laughter. Then, later, I tried to refer to that joke and said "hey, so, do you cry a lot?" and he looked confusd and said..."do I pray a lot?" I'm like...oh man...you are deaf...and I laughed some more. Poor guy.
So, all in all it was a great night-new dance moves, new clothes, meeting new people, and hanging with the girls when it wasn't even a weekend! Hooray for that! I think I'll have to go back there :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home