Friday, April 07, 2006

just thinking

So, I was thinking about being me.

You know, there are a lot of boring jobs in this world...no seriously...how many times have you asked someone what they do, and even after they describe it-not only do you not know what they are talking about, but sometimes you don't even CARE, because even the title of their job makes you yawn. You know-executive assistant to the CEO of the world's most boring company that crunches numbers type job....no offense to any of you...I just don't have a context for some of those words.

So anyways, it's kind of fun to say "art teacher" in response. For some reason there are certain jobs that even if people don't LIKE the topic, it still holds a certain amount of respect, mystery or coolness factor. Dancers, artists, professional sports people-you know-anyone where the response is..."really? that's cool." So, despite the fact that your job doesn't define you...(it CAN'T in fact-you'll soon feel empty if it does) it's fun to have a job that sparks people's interest. I guess occasionally, it's super fun to be me.

Today I got to sit out in the sun for 15 minutes and eat a veggie burger before the giant storm rolled in. Sunlight. ahhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home