Tuesday, October 10, 2006

5 in 7 weeks.

Now, listen up and listen good. I have something mysterious going on, and I can't explain it, and I would like your help, faithful friends. Am I sending out "hot babe looking for action vibes"? I don't think so, but apparently there is something in the water in Bellevue. In the last 7 weeks of living in my new apartment, I have had 5 grown men tell me they like me or ask me on dates. Previously, all my life combined I think there's only been a few more then that-TOTAL. Let's relive the most recent one:

Undisclosed man #5: "Hey Emily, can I get your number so we can talk about that art group that we want to plan for church?"

Emily Caine: "Wellll...I guess so, but I have to warn you-I HATE when people ask for my number under the guise of getting it for one thing and then ask me on dates. It's sneaky, and I feel like my privacy is invaded, because they weren't up front with why I am giving them my number, and I feel trapped then. So, if you get my number, use it wisely and don't piss me off." (I really said that)

Man #5: "Uuuuuhhh..."

Me: "Sorry, that was really blunt, but I'm being serious."

(Two days later, the phone rings...it's Man #5)

Man #5: "Hey Emily, want to meet about the art group this week?"

Me: "Sure, and Shea's coming too so we can all put in our 2 cents."

Man #5: "Oh yeah, um actually I was getting your phone number for 2 reasons, but then you told me that warning, so I am only calling about that one thing."

Me: (QUIETLY DYING INSIDE) "Man #5 I'm flattered, but I was serious, and I am sticking to my guns on this one."

So, the question at hand here is...DID I SOMEHOW MISLEAD THIS GUY??? He's socially awkward and hasn't finished a 4 year degree at 27, and I pick these fellas up like it's my job. PLEASE HELP ME! I mean, how much MORE honest and blunt could I have been, and yet he STILL asked me???? I was trying to help save our opportunity to have a friendship and help him save face...DON"T ask me out. I'm not interested was really what I was saying when I said that about giving out my number. He didn't take the hint. Next time I'm going to just say "no." I don't have a phone. sorry.

Would it kill me to have a guy friend around here to hang out with?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home