Saturday, October 21, 2006

good life

Today is a good day. A good day indeed. I felt like me. And, I felt like being me was a good thing.

I went to Findlay Market-it imbodied everything I want in a city. It was full of people who care enough to shop from the local farmers. They were kind, and let me try their food, even when I didn't know who they were. The patrons-not even just the farmers! I wanted to know where people lived, and to become friends with them. I hardly ever meet people that I feel like I could identify with.

I drove around downtown Cincinnati lost for a while, and it was fun. I'm finally getting a grip on the city, so getting lost doesn't make me want to cry. I know I'll find my way home.

The weather is incredible today. I am wearing clothes I feel good in. Earthy warm colors, and soft fabrics.

I rode my parents scooter around and let the wind whip in my hair and kept riding until my eyes were watering with cold air. The best purchase they ever made.

I am going to a band competition to watch my bro march. I love watching marching bands. I remember how much fun it was, and how nervous I would be on the field, and the music always gives me goosebumps. I hope they make it into state today!

I ate a piece of apple pie my mom made. It was amazing.

I made a healthy lunch out of veggies from the farmer's market and once again decided that I might have to become more of a veggie person. I think I may attempt to only buy free-range chicken and eggs.

I feel like I am becoming the kind of person I always wanted to be. I am cooking, I have been going jogging, taking yoga, dance classes, riding my bike, reading books, working hard, saving money, getting rid of junk I don't need, and learning how to enjoy the small things. Like Schnieder's candy apples with a view of the Ohio River.

I believe that the holy spirit is active and working on the earth. I don't want my community group to become a support group. I want it to be full of women who are pursuing the Holy Spirit with all of their hearts. Don't let me forget that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kels :) said...

sounds wonderful em...! can't wait to experience your city with you!!! only a month away!!! WOOH!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home