pieces of me
Do you ever just have thoughts that sound so sad, that you must simply lay them aside, and continue on living life?
There is a time in your life, when you realize you will never live near all the people that are important to you. A time when you realize that home is no longer a place, but people. The family and friends that have shaped you into who you are, only to be taken miles away. With each friend that I give a piece of my heart to, I sometimes feel stretched very thin, and can feel those pieces calling me from the open road. But what can you do? The most important people to me are in North Carolina, Washington, Thailand, California, Illinois, Connecticut, Indiana, Florida, and Ohio. There will never be a time when I will finally "be home" as long as my true friends are so far away. At times, I love it that way-always somewhere to visit, someone to catch up with, to write letters to, to send packages, and hear of far-off adventures. But other times, I just want to pretend like God is calling me to live in one of those cities, and move in with them.
If I focused on this, it would ruin my day. However, today, I'm choosing to be so excited for my friends in their new homes, and trusting that I too will soon join them in using their gifts for the kingdom of God.
Just READ all the amazing things God is doing in their lives, and therefore in mine. (these are just a few)
Getting chosen to be the motivational speaker at a meeting as a first year teacher for your creative lesson plans...way to go girl!!
Shaping high school kids' vision of God and teaching them how to worship-God bless you!
Going to Africa to follow your dreams of international teaching-I can't wait to hear about it :)
Living in Thailand for a year as a first year teacher...enough said :)
Going to an amazing grad school to become the best nurse EVER :)
How can I be downtrodden when I look at all God is doing in their lives...and I know He will soon move in my own, and is already doing so!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home