Wednesday, July 27, 2005

stateside

So...my third day back in the states, and although it has been mostly good, it's still a difficult transition. It is a barrage on my senses to ignore how ugly parts of Cincinnati are, to ignore the rednecks, fat kids and lack of style among the locals. I know those things don't really "matter" but see the thing is...they are still there, and if you could choose beauty over ugly, history over none, or fashionable over not...why wouldn't you??

I desire so much to live in a city steeped with culture, mystery, beauty, perhaps even romance. You'd be hard pressed to find those around here. But, I hope to explore some and be surprised.

I hope to find an apartment that I can make beautiful, even if it does not start out that way. I want to paint some of my adventures. I hope I have time to do so!!

I can't wait to see Nate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home