Tuesday, October 25, 2005

a few thoughts about my current life status.

My life is sort of strange right now. A mix of complete freedom, a transient, bohemian feel, and yet a feeling of being tied down. I live out of a duffle bag at least 2 days a week, if not more. I keep my toiletries in a carry-case, because my bathroom is too small to put them anywhere. My shower is full of rubbermaid containers, because I don't have enough storage. I work the hours that I choose to work, and half of my job can be done listening or watching whatever I want. I get paid well for what I do, and I constantly cruise thrift shops and yard sales.

And then there is the other half of my life, where I get dressed up, take my nose piercing out, and get called "Miss Caine." A place that knows almost nothing about me, and where little kids hug my legs, and get in trouble for making rasberry sounds on their arms. A place where I feel like a deer in the headlights. As if someone will find me out at any moment..and discover that I know very little about children.

And then there is a third part of me. The part that knows that I am made for something greater, and longs for the day that I will stop feeling disatisfied, and longs for friends that understand how I became who I am. A part of me that gets tired of trying to say and write witty things, and desires to lay on the floor, listen to music, and bask in the Lord.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily~
I love this writing. I love how you bared your heart and showed the truth. It is difficult in this period of life, and trying to be one person, yet divided into three by circumstances. And feeling planted in one place, but in transition at the same time. Waiting for life to happen...
I love you my friend. Support you.
Christina

6:27 AM  
Blogger ehcarabello said...

I love you Christina! I'm glad that we are friends :) I take that back...I'm THRILLED that we are friends :)

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home