Sunday, October 30, 2005

a genuinely good day

Today was really a good day. I had the opportunity to go to a big gathering of over 35 churches in the area...they closed their doors, and gathered together, and the worship was AWESOME. As much as I love being a part of a church plant, sometimes I just want to hear an amazing choir, or see some black kids breaking it down for the Lord :) So, that was neat, and then we came home and hurried around and made a whole bunch of food to take out to a church gathering. It was my parent's church, but it was still really fun. I got to ride on a horse (only like the 2nd time ever!) and played cornhole, and went on this challenge course thing, and threw chinese stars at targets, and lit the BIGGEST bonfire you have ever seen. It was like 20 feet high, and like 20 feet wide. It was too hot to even try to roast marshmallows on, you couldn't get close enough.

Ok, not that you really cared about my day...but it was a really beautiful day-the perfect weather, and tons of yellow leaves falling, and the bluest skies ever. The horses were crunching the leaves under their feet, and I drank 5 glasses of apple cider. I missed my friends, but I enjoyed my family none-the less.

I hate the fact that it is dark at 6 pm. It makes me tired and depressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home