the sunshine
Today I went for a walk. Not really walking anywhere particular, I just needed to walk. I grabbed my jacket, an apple, and started moving. I have serious wanderlust. Being in this house for this long is getting to me. I need to go out of town for a weekend. Any suggestions for next weekend? I get off work at 12 on Friday...
back to the walk...I am lonely today. This always happens when I have an event that I have planned a part of, or succeeded in doing something that I worked hard at...and I look around, and don't really have anyone important to show it to. I mean, I love my parents and all, but they aren't exactly what I'm talking about. My best friends have lived far away from me for too long. So, I just kept on walking. The sunshine is my drug of choice these days. I dread the days that it will be gone for weeks at a time. After a long time, I finally felt better about life, and I started walking home. When I got home I laid down on the driveway, and absorbed some more sunlight...perhaps I was a solar panel in my last life. I fell asleep for a half an hour in the driveway, and it was the best thing I've done all week.
I am very aware of the fact that my troubles are the kinds of troubles that most of the world would die for. The problem of "i can't find my checkbook" somehow pales in comparison to "i can't feed my family." I am sorry for my selfishness.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home