Thinking of titles stresses me out.
So, here is my newest train of thought about the Holy Spirit giving us good gifts from God.
1. No one is weirded out by the idea of Jesus healing, prophecying, or performing miracles...right? I mean, he's God, so of course he would do these things.
2. No one at church would freak out if the pastor suggested that we should "be more like Christ" right? I think that's a pretty cliche statement for most churches anyway...
3. So, WHY do churches draw lines at people prophecying, speaking in tongues, or getting healed? I mean...isn't that what we SHOULD be doing, if we are becoming more like Christ? I don't understand the missing link in this logic. Cessationists are missing such an enormous part of what Christianity is. I'm not talking about being slain in the spirit constantly, or healing the blind on a regular basis. (although that would be pretty freaking awesome) What I AM talking about is being connected enough with God that you can speak His truth into other peoples' lives, or hear his direction in your own daily stuff. That you can fall on your face and pray for an hour in complete silence without feeling uncomfortable, or to have a discernment in your spirit. Life in God's kingdom should be better than outside of it. But, if we turn away God's good gifts...we are missing it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home