Monday, May 08, 2006

first line

Here's a first line to a poem I plan to write.

I pay no mind to the clammering herd,
who reduces my life with a look and a word.

or do you like it better like this...
I will not give heed to the thundering herd
who snuff out my life with a look and a word.


Somedays I just wake up with the first lines of poems in my head. I rarely get the rest. Today though, it just kept happening all day. Random rhyming lines kept popping into my head. I did write a few full poems, but perhaps I'm not willing to post them to the world quite yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kels :) said...

i think i agree... but i also think there's a big difference between "reducing" your life and "snuffing out" your life... do you mean one more than the other?

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home