May Day
Happy May day! Did you ever celebrate May Day when you were a kid? We used to...I guess you are supposed to put a basket of flowers or some other nice thing on your neighbors doorstep, and then ring the doorbell and run away. It was fun :) We used to make paper flowers at school and use those.
May Day. How the heck did it become May anyways? What happened to February? March? April? Did all of those happen already? I don't remember them! I leave for Bosnia in 30 days. I am incredibly not ready. After tomorrow I only have to teach on Mondays and Fridays....YES! Then I will have time to get ready??
I need shorts, a bathing suit, to ship art supplies, to call the airline and ask them why they haven't sent me my itinerary in my email. I need to finish 2 pieces of artwork, host 2 more kids art shows, go on one more road trip, have 2 more friends visit me, finish writing one more curriculum, pack up my room, and find an apartment. Sheesh.
Today Shea is coming. I am going to let her see an example of what her life will be like here-she'll get to come to 2 classes, one art show, and meet Liz again-this time hopefully not when Liz is throwing up.
There's real stuff going on in my heart and brain...but it's too tiring to dig it up and write about it.

1 Comments:
I'm at my best when I'm not on the verge of vomiting, you are correct. It was fun. Give it up for scrap-booking with old ladies! Word!
Post a Comment
<< Home