painting zone
Today we painted in the ministry center...and it was the most satisfying painting so far. I got to take an idea...and draw it all out, complete it on paper, then project it up on the wall, draw it all out, fill in the blanks, and then began to paint it all without anyone else's help. I put on my headphones and totally got in the painting zone. I totally didn't care if anyone else thought I was being anti-social...it was awesome. I rocked out to Jimmy Eat World, and if my back didn't hurt so bad, I probably would have stayed after everyone else left! I drew a big jungle, a tiger, toucan, flamingo, elephants, butterflies, flowers, a stream, and two big trees. I am really excited to see this one come to completion! I tried to figure out how to post a picture, but everything is in lousy bosnian. Plus it's like one million degrees in here with no air flow.
Anyways...I forgot to write about Spomenka-a girl we visited last Sunday. She is 22, and was in an drunk driving accident with her friends 9 months ago. She is paralyzed, and can only move her arms, but not her fingers. She showed us pictures of what she used to look like, and it was really sad! We sat and talked to her and her mom with someone to translate for us for like an hour and a half, and drank the worst sludge of coffee ever. See...it's bad, because if you drink it, they automatically refill your cup, but if you don't...you look rude. so, you wait until right before we leave...and then drink it down fast!
I can't help but think of the card Christina sent me once...that said 'and to further the misery, no one here thinks I'm funny...' I thought that at least 4 times today.

1 Comments:
Don't worry, Em - I ALWAYS think you're funny! Stay strong and keep on truckin'!
Post a Comment
<< Home