Monday, October 30, 2006

weekend in Nashville!

I am sitting in Panera listening to three girls next to me brag about how drunk they get, and then they puke and then they want to drink more, and then how they saw so and so at church. Boy I am so proud of you, I can barely stand it. dummies.

Anyways-I went to Nashville this weekend and it was fantastic. I got to see my apparently long-lost cousins (well a few of them anyways) and it made me realize a few things. One thing is that I don't have much of a family identity. I don't really associate myself in a group of people that I belong to. I saw these people all walking in front of me and I realized...I look like them! I walk like them! I laugh like them! I have the same shape body as them...THIS is where I'm from. And, it made me incredibly sad that two families that are Christians can't work something out and be family to each other. I met an 11 year old person that didn't know I exist as their cousin. STUPID.

I went to a great concert, and met some of my cousins' friends. They were nice, and I wished that I knew a way to meet some new friends in Cincinnati. It was really good to go away for the weekend, to see the fall colored trees, and to see another city for a while. It makes me happy to travel. I saw a girl who was dressed as a lion, and her version of a lion was to not wear any clothing except for her underwear and to paint her whole body with gold/yellow paint. NO JOKE. Since when do lions have bare boobs? Why can't you just dress up in fun outfits like we used to when we were little?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home