too much to write, too little time
I think of things I'd like to write about all the time. But, then when I look at the computer screen staring blankly back at me, I can't remember a darn thing going on in my life.
Ok-so I made some new friends-hallelujah. They like to hang out with me!! They call me!! Sometimes the guys even pay for me just because!! I am thrilled. However, they are so incredibly different from me, I think it will be much harder to sustain these friendships. Art and music sort of just pass them by at times. But, if they are willing to put up with some art, I'm willing to attend the occasional indoor soccer game. ONLY if they let me yell "SPORTS!" at the top of my lungs when they score.
My friends' mom is a hairdresser. She got a hold of me and highlighted my hair (I love it!) and waxed my eyebrows (I look weird!) and generally made me realize I'm not made to be hairless or blemish free or famous. I'd never want so many close up photos of my face, and the responsibility to be clean shaven, perfect all the time. I like wearing the same clothes two days in a row and having paint under my nails. So, deal with it world.
Christmas break is the greatest invention ever. I've already had 3 days off. I have had two bestest friends visit me, made one painting, silk-screened 4 t-shirts, gotten lots of presents, and my brother did two nice things this week. (He must be going insane or something.)
I hope your break is great-you should call me after 9. We'll talk!
p.s. two pieces of my art may be chosen to be made into thankyou cards by an organization called artslink....I hope!! They are interested anyways....

1 Comments:
awww... good stuff. sounds like you're doing well... i'm excited for a break next week, too-- although i had to make mine. it'll be nice to be on a school schedule next year...
Post a Comment
<< Home