Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Life!

It's sometimes really depressing to me when I think about how many mundane things I have to do on a daily basis just to keep my life going. I think to myself "there will never be a day in your life where you can finally just stop balancing your check book, stop doing dishes, stop putting your clothes away, making your bed, or brushing your teeth" and I get so bored with life. I love living, don't get me wrong-and I love how many sweet adventures God has blessed me with so far in this short life of mine. But, other times I just hate planning, organizing, cleaning, and preparing. I get tired of my plan book, my grade book, my address book, and I just want to lay in a big sunny field and take a big breath. But, it seems if I don't hang on for dear life and work so hard, nothing happens! Even when I am pretty on top of things, I still feel out of contact with so many long-distance friends. How can I stop striving?? I can't. I have a task that God has set out for me, and I want to accomplish it and hear him say "Well done!" So, I will continue to do the small things that pave the way for the bigger things. I may be teaching kids about small stuff now, but I think God's got some bigger fish for me to fry later in life. Hold on tight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shea said...

I hear you on this one. You know I crave adventure. I think both of us get tired of the mundane because we know there's more out there. Just wait and the fun and adventure will come. For now dancing in the kitchen will have to suffice.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home