Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Heart Day

Today was a good day...not your "romantic, smooshy v-day" perhaps...but very good none the less. I helped a new friend clean her basement and build shelves for most of the day. I also had the realization that only one little kid in the whole world knows my name...and I only met him 3 weeks ago. I seriously just don't hang out with little kids. They make me feel really akward and incompetent for some reason. But, not this kid-his name is Angus, and he just likes to be active. I can do that...I can pick him up and throw stuff, and tickle him, and it's just way easier than most little kids are I think. Although...I can't imagine having a running ball of energy in my responsibility at all times-how do you do anything besides keep him from jumping off the walls? I guess you don't.

Then tutoring got canceled for the second time-bummer for no money, but good to free up time to go wheel-throwing for longer. I made five ok bowls-we'll see if they survive? I want to make a whole set going from small to big, all basically the same shape and color, only differing in size. I need a witty name for the whole set-up...some play on words about the word "size". I like wheel-throwing a lot. It's great to have it still included in my life, even after college is over. I'm totally thankful for that!

I got like a million phone calls today for some reason-I talked to like 10 people, and three of them for at least a half an hour. If I get cancer of the brain from my phone-it will be today's fault. But, at least my friends are doing well! Too bad Cali, Connecticut, Charlotte, and Olympia couldn't be a little closer. Then I herded my brother into bed, making sure he actually brushed his teeth. At what age does that become automatic for males?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home