I got a job!
So...here's a picture of my day...I go to an interview this morning and discover that the job is to...I kid you not..."move plants...sometimes heavy ones." Outside. In the winter. Sometimes 50 pounds. We didn't sit down...no questions about me...just "are you interested?" I pretended that I was, but told him I needed a job that started sooner than they did and left.
Then I crawled into bed and wished the whole job market would fall in on itself.
Then I went to an interview at Home Depot...I got the job, and I am now going to be working in the paint department part time. If you would have told me 2 months ago that I would move away from sunny Southern Orange County, CA to work for 9 bucks an hour at Home Depot and that I would be EXCITED?? about getting that job I would have laughed at you. But, God works in mysterious ways. I have a good opportunity actually at Home Depot-they are looking for people to teach the general public classes about foux (sp?) finishing, and other wallpapering and stuff. Stuff that I'd actually like to know how to do! And, it seems like a lot of different kind of people work there, so maybe I'll make some new friends. Plus, full benefits and a raise after 90 days. I can deal with that :) I think I needed to learn that a job doesn't describe who I am.
I feel good about knowing that I have some sort of income coming in...that's what counts right now. That way I can pursue some of these other ideas I have in the other times. Plus, I"m going to tutor a kid 2 times a week for gas money ;) God, help me to see you even at a boring day in the paint department!

1 Comments:
Yay Emily! I'm glad you got a job. Home depot is not that bad. It sounds quite interesting actually. At least you're not unemployed or flipping burgers or collecting garbage. I hope your single awareness day went well. I just dressed really hot so all the guys would see what they're missing...hehe.
Alexandra Warren
Post a Comment
<< Home