identity
So, how many times have you heard that "what you do is not who you are"? I've heard it said a million times, and always thought-yeah, ok sure. But, when I think about it...I totally cling to what I do as who I am...just ask me "who are you?" I will tell you I'm an artist, an art ed graduate, music lover, etc. But, in reality, all of these things are things that I _do_.
So what does that leave me with? Not what I look like, because that could change in one car accident. Not what I like, because opinions change too. Not who my friends are...because they could leave me. And yet, if all those things happened-I would still be me. So, what does that make WHO I AM? It must be something deeper. It has to be based on who made me, how he made me, and where I'll be for eternity. So why is it so hard to remember that?

1 Comments:
We get caught up in the world and all we have here because the world is all we can really know. We can know God, but not all of Him because He is God. However, the world is as it is. We also do not totally understand who we are and why God has put us here. That goes back to the fact that God is so much bigger, His purpose for us is perfect, but sometimes we don't see it because the world is easier to see. Thanks for this post, em, it really made me think.
S. Norris
Post a Comment
<< Home