Sunday, March 20, 2005

art is theraputic

is that how you spell theraputic?? who knows.

I have noticed a pattern in my lifestyle. Ok, so I'm an extrovert right? I enjoy meeting new people, and I have conversations easily with most people. I don't mind group setting, but I love being with 1 or 2 good friends the most. I think things through by verbalizing what I'm making a decision about. With that knowledge...it's interesting to me how every single week after church I'm totally exhausted. I think I figured out why: I always work long hours on Saturdays-my job is very people oriented, and I talk to customers for like 6-8 hours at a time. Then I always spend the night at Tiffany and Stephen's house on Saturday nights. So, I go right into another people situation. And, although I love them, I don't know them all that well still, so it's not as relaxing as being at home yet. Then I get up on Sundays and go to women's discipleship. Then I go to a ministry team meeting. Then we go to lunch. By this time it's like 2:30 or so. I sometimes hang out with them after that, but I have found myself going home, and taking like a 2 hour nap followed by an intense desire to make something productive. Apparently even as an extrovert, I recharge my battery by sewing, painting, drawing, scrapbooking, or writing. Tonight I altered three dresses to fit me perfectly after buying them too large at the goodwill. I love doing stuff like that. It gives me great pleasure for some reason. I love to work all day on my own, marking off the things on my list...maybe interupt it with a lunch date, and then get back to work. Then, finish off the day with something fun at night. But, instead the ratio is all messed up. I work all weekend, and have people overload all weekend, and then often don't work at the beginning of the week, and see no one for several days. This is kind of exhausting to me I think.
Anyway...just something I'm trying to figure out how to balance.
Another thing I have noticed... I love change, I love to move, to meet people, to go to new places. But, I experience an intense divide in myself, because I also find it very important in my friendships to have people know about my past. I can't feel truly close to someone when they don't know about the past. But, the past takes time to catch up on. And, I never want to stay long enough to catch up on it all. Maybe I have a commitment problem or something...who knows??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss em. dude i know what you mean about that great divide, except i think my divide is inverted from yours.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friendships at school are changing. Those I was close to are different, and ones I wasn't as close to are closer. It's kind of weird, but I'm realizing some new things about friendship-there has to be growth and learning, not just fun.

Anyway, I'm going to Ichthus with you very soon....hooooooray!!! And it turns out I won't miss the mewithoutYou show anyway because it's the weekend before.

-Sneaker Warren

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home