Sunday, March 13, 2005

long time no blog

....and so I stayed until my heart could take no more. And then I got in my car and left. But not before realizing that this place that owned a piece of my heart was no longer mine. It was theirs, these faces that were familiar, but did not recognize me for who I am. They own it now, and that's the way it is supposed to be. Life just goes on, with or without me there. That's not to say I'm not important, but I am a part of its history, and no longer its future. The worst part is the memories that are trapped there. More memories of intense joy, work, pain, fun, and heart ache than I care to hash through.
Every time I come up over that last hill, the last curve before you see its shining lights, my heart leaps with familiarity, and a longing for something that does not exist as it once did. Then the nagging thought that it will never exist again makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life, where I'm going, and who I'm spending it with. I miss you friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home