Monday, April 25, 2005

weekend!

So, despite the fact that I was out in sub-freezing temperatures for 16 hours on Saturday, with no break from the cold....I had a ridiculously good weekend!! It was hard to go back to work today, and I forgot to set my alarm, so I was 40 minutes late...oops :)
I went to Ichthus this weekend, and saw SO many friends that I didn't expect to be there!! I got to see friends that I only see at music fests, and friends that I haven't seen in a year, and friends from camp, and friends in bands, and friends friends friends. We went to a honky tonk bar for some reason...and John Michael Montgomery was singing there...I"m Serious!! He had just bought the bar and was singing there with some friends...we were dying and totally didn't believe the waitress at first when she said that. But, it really was him! I bet a bunch of scene kids weren't what he was used to ;)

Shea and I had so much fun laughing together-I miss a girlfriend to be stupid with, and to bounce my thoughts off of. I am such a verbal processing person, it's hard not to have a person to think through things with. This weekend was so refreshing-it helped me have the energy to know that something good is in the future...even when I got turned down from like 8 million jobs last week. I wonder what God has in store for me? I need a job...a job that I love, and a job that is moving in the direction of my life goals. I came to the realization that I don't think Cincinnati is where I am to be right now. This is a great place to spend my future...but not the present. I have a lot of adventures I want to live, and so I am focusing right now on saving money, paying off debt, and looking for a job elsewhere. I spent the weekend narrowing things down in my mind...I don't have any real options yet...mostly just things I DON'T want to do. like be an art teacher.

There was a tornado, and a rain storm, and warm weather, and snow all in 2 days. I went from wearing a tank top on one day to wearing 7 shirts the next day, and freezing my butt off. We got to go back stage, and I met a on of cool people, and they all assumed I was important since I was back there...haha :) Adrian and I a danced to Harry Connick Jr. and got applause, and it turns out that the nicest people ever are sometimes in hard core bands, and wear eye makeup. I am going to Cornerstone...and hopefully getting paid to do so!! It will be hard to work at a booth when I know good bands are playing though :)

I want to make more art, and listen to all my new cds over and over. I want to sew fun clothing, and commit my life to music and the arts. I submitted my art to a new art publishing house...pray that they like it!!
ok...that's all for now...pray that I live through this week...I am working 34 hours plus my art classes start next week, and I'm not ready!! yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home